Friday, February 8, 2019

"Despite"-The Ugliest Word I have Ever Read

By David Wrolson

As the father of a daughter, I am completely flabbergasted by a sentence in "Little House, Long Shadow" by Anita Clair Fellman. Fellman is a Women's Studies professor whose book is an examination of the supposed "dark shadow" cast by the Little House series of books. It will surprise no one to know that she largely views the "Little House" books as impacting society in a negative way.



One sentence (one word really) from this book is burned into my mind and really tells you all you need to know about the mindset of Women's Studies professors.

"And despite the strong bond between Laura and Pa described in the books, nothing suggests that there was an incestuous relationship between the two of them,"

"Despite", really!!!! WTF???? So Fellman's default position of fathers and daughters with a strong bond is to automatically assume an incestuous relationship. No wonder our young women come out of the Women's Studies courses so poisoned.

I have a strong bond with my now 17-YO daughter and in my previous post I described one of "Our" things which is picking wild plums. We have other "Our" things. Of the 3 kids, she is my big-game hunter and, maybe even, someday, my farmer. I dream of taking her to Africa.

But, I guess Ms. Fellman would assume that our relationship is incestuous because, in her world, fathers and daughters with a strong bond are automatically that way, unless nothing suggests so.

"Despite"-Words mean things and Ms. Fellman just threw that word out there without any thought as to what it really means. It was just another word to her, but it clarifies what poison comes out of Women's Studies departments. "Despite."

I shouldn't wish this on anyone, but part of me hopes that Ms. Fellman burns in Hell forever, for that one word, haunted by visions of Laura and Pa just being Laura and Pa. I also wouldn't mind if some visions of me and my daughter picking wild plums were included.

Despite
























5 comments:

  1. Leftists are truly evil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Despite having no evidence, here is what we assume probably was the evil thing that was / is happening....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tommy Douglas said: "It's wrong to hit a woman. Or is it?"

    Exceptions prove the rule. And remember, NPC stands for Non Player Character.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are correct, David.
    I have excellent relationships with my mid 20's "kids" ... I wouldn't trade that for the world. The women's studies prof, is poison to real people.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts While Changing a Tire

 As I was struggling to change a tire this morning the thought struck me that it would be almost impossible for an 18-year old girl to chang...