Thursday, February 7, 2019

I Have Seen the New Narnia

By David Wrolson

The Chronicles of Narnia series ends with the creation of the New Narnia which is like Narnia, but better. This is an obvious metaphor based on the New Heaven and the New Earth at the end of the bible.

I like to use the phrase "I have seen the New Narnia" for something transcendent and that raises the soul.

I have seen the New Narnia but we had to earn it to appreciate it.

My daughter and I like to pick wild plums and my wife makes jelly from them. After picking wild plums for several years, we knew what wild plums looked like. They are a certain size and level of juiciness and that is just what wild plums are.

Then we found the New Narnia. A few trees in an odd corner of a woods. The wild plums there are twice the size of regular plums and the juiciness is unbelievable.

I am glad that we did not find these plums first as we would not have appreciated them.

With those plums, I got a sense of the "New Earth." They are that transcendent and nothing can take that sense away from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts While Changing a Tire

 As I was struggling to change a tire this morning the thought struck me that it would be almost impossible for an 18-year old girl to chang...